So today this boy told me "Man Nnenna if your ass was like that...". I've heard plenty of people tell me that I would be so called "bad" if I had a big butt because I have a pretty face or whatever. Then they would say oh don't get me wrong you got a good shape i'm just saying. Ugh!! I perfectly love my shape and wouldn't want another one. I rather attract a guy with my facial features than have an ass that will blind them. I'm not trying to say there is anything wrong with that because it really isn't. I'm just speaking from my point of view. I'm so tired of hearing that from people. I don't really let it bother me that much because I know i'm beautiful physically and mentally so petty remarks like that just reassures me lol.
Another phrase that people use with me is "You so pretty to be African.." WTF!!! How the hell Africans suppose to look?? I'm so tired of these ignorant people and their depiction of Africans. Okay I don't mind the ones that are actually trying to gain knowledge but the ones that just be stuck in that box irritates me. First of all Africans are just like anyone else. I got a reply for their ass next time..."You too pretty to be American..". I guess that image from the Discovery or Travel Channel blinds them into thinking that all of Africa is just like that. Naked people just running around when in actuality some places are in the process of development. They don't show that so people only see one side of the story. Then when they learn I was born in American, which makes me a citizen thank you very much, they try to use that as an excuse to why I look the way I am. Both my parents are African so regardless if I was born there or here I was going to look the same hunny. Like really open your mind and learn something new!!!
I just wanted to vex and get some things off my chest lol. Now back to my homework....
4 comments:
hey just wanted to say i love your blog and i think your really funny!!
definetly fallowing :)
thanx!!
hahaha i love that. you are gorgeous and im glad you're not listening to people who want you to change your body...
i succumbed to that pressure and put on weight to be "thick", now I'm working so hard to burn it off because i finally realize i was better the way i was! = ]
come enter my giveaway, it's open to EVERYONE xoxo
yea I learned that I just need to be happy with myself really :)
Post a Comment